Monday, November 21, 2005
Ian's experience includes 20+ years of experience in product marketing and product management with leadership roles at leading companies such as Oracle, BEA, Documentum, ATG and Interwoven. This includes a solid record of driving development and introduction of new products to the market; delivery of enhancements to existing products; implementing and managing sales and marketing programs and business development to drive revenue.
Ian is currently Director, Product Marketing at Interwoven, a leading provider of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions for business. His role is to create and drive new solutions to market for Customer Experience Management, including Brand Management, Customer Application Management and Multi-Channel Publishing.
Ian was previously:
- Product Marketing Director at SDL International, the leader in global information management (GIM) solutions that empower organizations to accelerate the delivery of high quality multilingual content to global markets. Its enterprise software and services integrate with existing business systems to manage global information from authoring to publication and throughout the distributed localization supply chain.
- Senior Director of Marketing and Product Management at Lumenaré responsible for all areas of marketing, product marketing and product management. Lumenaré provides software and services for test automation and test resource management for Telco, SAN, enterprise software and offshore/outsourced development and test environments.
- Director of Marketing at MetiLinx, an innovative network systems management software company that provides adaptive infrastructure management (aka Autonomic Computing, Adaptive Enterprise, On Demand Computing) and system performance optimization and capacity management solutions;
- Director of Product Management at BEA, the world's leading application infrastructure software company, responsible for driving whole product management initiatives for BEA WebLogic Portal;
- Senior Product Marketing Manager at ATG, an online CRM and e-Commerce software platform, responsible for product marketing and product management for ATG's portal and B2B commerce products;
- Senior Product Marketing Manager at Documentum, the leading enterprise content management software provider, responsible for conceiving and launching Documentum's new web content management platform products;
- Senior Product Marketing Manager at Oracle, in a strategic marketing role at leading database software company, responsible for product marketing and strategic direction for Global Internet Marketing.
- Earlier experience in Product Management at CompuServe and Pacific Telesis (SBC), developing new transaction services and e-commerce offerings at both companies.
He is an expert in enterprise software offerings, including content management systems (ECM, CMS, Web Content Management), network management systems, commerce and portal products, as a software provider, as well as an end-user Line of Business executive. He has participated in speaking opportunities, expert panels, as well as written numerous articles and whitepapers.
He earned a degree in computer science at UC Berkeley. He is a member of the Silicon Valley American Marketing Association (SVAMA).